The *Box team at Ortus Solutions are an amazing group of people who have done a ton of work to make the CFML community stronger and better over the past few years. I'm excited that I'll be speaking at their annual conference -- Into the Box!
Anyone who's seen me talk in the past couple of years knows that I'm a big fan of Amazon Web Services (AWS). It's been enormously helpful in expanding my team's functional and skill set. We've built some pretty cool automated pipelines using AWS, and AWS allows us to provide a significantly better customer experience to our students around the world.
At this year's Into the Box, I'll be talking about "Leveling Up Your Web Apps with Amazon Web Services." Specifically, I'll cover:
- Super fast, infinitely scalable file storage with Amazon Simple Storage Service (S3)
- Distributing static assets globally with a powerful content distribution network (CDN), CloudFront
- On-demand microservices in Node.js or Python and how to invoke them via CFML through AWS Lambda
- Persisting data in high-throughput NoSQL datastore with DynamoDB
- Planning for common problems when dealing with cloud service providers
You'll walk away from the session with knowledge to get started using AWS right away, and a bunch of sample code to invoke AWS services from your CFML apps.
Early Bird pricing runs through March 1, 2017, so now is a really good time to register for this excellent conference.