I plan on putting in a speaking proposal for the 2015 Adobe ColdFusion Summit. I enjoy the conference a lot, and was privileged to have spoken at the first two Summits.
For the first two Summits, I spoke about running ColdFusion on AWS (Amazon Web Services), and, to some degree, integrating AWS into CF, primarily focusing on Adobe's out-of-the-box integration with AWS S3 (Simple Storage Service). I'm a big fan of AWS, and am not shy about talking about how useful I find AWS to be for me and my team.
Looking forward to submitting a topic proposal this year, I'm thinking of going beyond relatively simple S3 integration in Adobe ColdFusion and looking at how you can integrate other AWS services in your ColdFusion apps. Specifically, I'm thinking about:
- A global content delivery network with CloudFront
- Databases on demand with Relational Database Service
- NoSQL datastores with DynamoDB
- Asynchronous task cluster with AWS Lambda
- Media conversion and encoding with Elastic Tanscoder
- Queue-based architecture with Simple Queue Service
- Push messaging to mobile devices with Simple Notification Service
There are a lot more services within AWS, but these are the ones which my team uses to build ColdFusion applications. I'll probably talk a bit about how the AWS Command Line Interface (CLI) makes it easy to tap into any AWS service too and how simple it is to execute AWS CLI commands using <cfexecute>.
The question for you is: are there specific services you'd like to see me focus on? Are there services not listed above which you think have general interest to the CFSummit audience? Please let me know!